NOTICE OF INTERIM ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING TO BE HELD REMOTELY DURING WEEK COMMENCING 10TH AUGUST 2020
In view of the continuing uncertainty of the Covid situation and the very important need to ensure that the society continues to be carefully managed especially in the run up to our centenary year in 2021 I have decided, with the support of my committee, to allow this INTERIM AGM of the society to be held remotely and as it is both impractical and against current regulations to hold a physical meeting this Interim AGM will be conducted as follows.
My report, along with the accounts and the report of our treasurer will be published on the administration page of the web-site at 09.00 hrs on 10th August 2020. These reports will stay on line until the 24th August 2020. Should any member have any questions for me or the treasurer or object to any proposed changes to the committee they can be addressed at any time directly with me or our treasurer Marianne during a period up to the 28th August. At the end of that period (28th August 2020) unless there are any issues which cannot be resolved I shall invite the Chair of the new committee, Lynda Baker to continue the management of the society with a full mandate and under the new constitution. Please assist us to continue with the management of our society by accepting this note as due notice of our intentions in these exceptional circumstances.
To View or download any of the above reports go to the administration page. The reports are listed separately on the tables section. Click on any of the reports to read or download. If you have any problems please contact the webmaster via the contact us page.
LATEST VOTING OF PROPOSED CHANGE TO CONSTITUTION HAS CARRIED THE MOTION. VOTING REMAINS OPEN UNTIL THE DUE DATE.
The Centenary Committee have decided upon another additional project to celebrate our centenary year.
We intend to publish a booklet, inclusive of all subscribing members who wish to be included in the project, with a picture and short write up of all of the members similar to the ‘Meet the Artist’ feature in this web site.
There is a lot of detail to sort out before we can present the whole project to the members but those of you who are familiar with the York Art Workers Association may recall that they did a similar project a while ago. Watch this space for full details.
JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THAT YOU COULD PUT YOUR PAINTING STUFF AWAY!!!!!
HERE IT IS: THE GREAT SUMMER SIZZLER PAINTING COMPETITION.
We require 12 pictures for the production of the Society’s 2021 Centenary Celebration calendar. Artists may submit any number of pictures during the competition dates. The twelve pictures which, in the opinion of the judges, best illustrate the theme of the calendar will be selected for The York Art Society 2021 Centenary Celebration Calendar. The theme for the calendar which the pictures must depict is ‘Events in 1921’ Artists may identify their own interpretation of the event portrayed.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Open to all subscribing members of The York Art Society.
- Entry opens immediately – closing date Wednesday 30th September 2020.
- Any media.
- The picture must be original to this competition.
- SIZE IS CRITICAL – Final printing on the calendar will be landscape. Your picture can be any size above 32cm x 22.5cm but you must maintain a ratio width to height of 1.425 i.e. the width of your picture must be 1.425 times the height.
- Entry only by JPEG photo of picture to Webmaster via Contact us page on the society’s website. Please note that in the previous competition some members found it difficult to send pictures via the contact us page. In each instance this was traced to the picture concerned being too big. To avoid this when saving your picture prior to sending it please resize the image to 2MP. (Windows 10 M)
- The twelve pictures selected for printing on the Calendar will be announced on the website during the first week of October.
- Entries will be displayed on the society’s web site pending judging. For security purposes the pictures on display will be watermarked ‘York Art Society’. Twelve pictures will be selected by the judging panel. If necessary assistance will be given, by the society, to enhance the selected picture reproduction to print quality.
- Pictures may be signed by the artist.
- Copyright of the pictures will remain the property of the artist however for pictures selected for the calendar the artists must give permission to the society for their publication.
- Read rule 5 again.