JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT THAT YOU COULD PUT YOUR PAINTING STUFF AWAY!!!!!
HERE IT IS: THE GREAT SUMMER SIZZLER PAINTING COMPETITION.
We require 12 pictures for the production of the Society’s 2021 Centenary Celebration calendar. Artists may submit any number of pictures during the competition dates. The twelve pictures which, in the opinion of the judges, best illustrate the theme of the calendar will be selected for The York Art Society 2021 Centenary Celebration Calendar. The theme for the calendar which the pictures must depict is ‘Events in 1921’ Artists may identify their own interpretation of the event portrayed.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Open to all subscribing members of The York Art Society.
- Entry opens immediately – closing date Wednesday 30th September 2020.
- Any media.
- The picture must be original to this competition.
- SIZE IS CRITICAL – Final printing on the calendar will be landscape. Your picture can be any size above 32cm x 22.5cm but you must maintain a ratio width to height of 1.425 i.e. the width of your picture must be 1.425 times the height.
- Entry only by JPEG photo of picture to Webmaster via Contact us page on the society’s website. Please note that in the previous competition some members found it difficult to send pictures via the contact us page. In each instance this was traced to the picture concerned being too big. To avoid this when saving your picture prior to sending it please resize the image to 2MP. (Windows 10 M)
- The twelve pictures selected for printing on the Calendar will be announced on the website during the first week of October.
- Entries will be displayed on the society’s web site pending judging. For security purposes the pictures on display will be watermarked ‘York Art Society’. Twelve pictures will be selected by the judging panel. If necessary assistance will be given, by the society, to enhance the selected picture reproduction to print quality.
- Pictures may be signed by the artist.
- Copyright of the pictures will remain the property of the artist however for pictures selected for the calendar the artists must give permission to the society for their publication.
- Read rule 5 again.
UPDATE FOR ALL SELF HELP GROUP FOLLOWERS.
The committee of St Andrew’s Church Hall have been in touch to inform us that their church hall will not be open again this year (2020). Therefore the Self Help Group will not be able to meet again until 2021 when it is anticipated that a similar diary to previous years will be operated. However in the meantime there are two online competitions which you might want to participate in. Currently there is a competition to find twelve pictures for the society’s Centenary Year Calendar competition which is fully detailed in the section above this notice. As soon as this competition is finished we will be running the Christmas Card competition; so there is no excuse for putting all of your equipment into storage; lots of us are still very active (artistically at least!!).