York Art Society – terms and conditions relating to selling artwork via the society’s web site.
Fully paid up members of the society may offer for sale unframed mounted pictures via the society’s web site subject to the following terms and conditions.
- York Art Society shall not at any time be considered to be the ‘agent’ of the artist and apart from providing the facility of selling via their website the society shall not have any responsibility whatsoever for any aspect of the offer for sale or the subsequent sale.
- The artist may utilise the society’s web site as a platform for the sale of their own work subject to that work being capable of being verified as entirely their own original creation and of which they own the copyright.
- The society retains the right to refuse to display any work which it considers could result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Only unframed original mounted work may be offered for sale.
- Any sale must be through the Paypal Ecommerce facility provided on the site.
- The artist is entirely responsible for the descriptions, both photographic and written, of the work on offer for sale.
- The artist shall pay the society either 15% of the gross sale price or a display fee of £5 per calendar month (or part thereof) per month displayed on the society’s site.