I have been asked to conduct an Opinion Survey on how you would like to celebrate our Centenary year in 2021.
100 years is quite an achievement for any Society.
As this year is unlikely to have an exhibition next year hopefully would be fairly certain.
This would be a double celebration of coming out of lockdown and celebrating the continuation of The York Art Society .
There would be a Subcommittee to organise this when we have found out what members would like to see happening.
So any ideas would be more than welcome.
Special Advertising so anyone with contacts with York Press or any other Media please let us know as advertising is key to any Exhibition.
Someone to open the event so if you know anyone famous (doesn’t have to be a movie star)
Run up before the event competition for painting maybe a school to send in picures .
Suppliers of Materials to sponsor the winner
We need ideas so its over to you all, it is your Society
Please send me your ideas then I can see which would be the most popular.
Regards Lynda Baker
IF YOU ARE ENTERING THE SPRING COMPETITION PLEASE GO TO THE NEWSLETTER PAGE TO SEE ‘INTRODUCTION TO THE JUDGES’ ALSO IF YOU HAVE ALREADY ENTERED YOUR PICTURE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU MAKE THIS VISIT AND READ THE PARAGRAPH RE JUDGES IMPARTIALITY AND SIGNATURES ON PICTURES. THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME TO CHANGE IF NEEDED.
Thank you for entering our Spring Competition which is designed to provide a little light relief in these awful times. This competition is a precursor to two other competitions, a Sizzling Summer Competition and a Christmas Card Competition. Details of both competitions will be published later in the year.
A few important notes for your consideration.
• We make the assumption that by entering the competition you agree to your picture being published in the York Art Society Gallery on the society’s web site.
• If you wish your picture to be watermarked for display protection please let the webmaster know, in writing, via the contact page on the web site.
• The prize money will be paid into the winners account by bank transfer. If you would prefer an alternative means please let the Webmaster know. The champagne will be presented at the first meeting following the lifting of current restrictions.
• The competition conditions are as published on the society’s website/newsletter page.
• The winner of the competition will be announced on the blog page of the society’s web site as soon as the judges have made their decision.
Your webmaster would like to thank Marianne Harlington and Jill Key for their unfailing assistance during the set up of these competitions and the Judges for the free use of their expertise.